CANAJOHARIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Montgomery County Sheriff’s responded to a report of a serious motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Clinton Road and Buel Road in the Town of Canajoharie. It happened Oct. 1 around 2 p.m.
When arrived, police observed that a Cub Cadet UTV (Side by side) and a Ford F-350 Truck had collided head-on.
The driver of the Ford F-350 Truck was not injured and is cooperating with officials. At this time, he is not
suspected of any wrongdoing. The two occupants were, the driver, Randall Anderson, 35, of Sprakers, and the passenger, Kristi Schlobohm, 29, of Sprakers.
Early investigation shows the cub cadet’s failure to yield right of way and alcohol involvement of the driver as the two main contributing factors for the collision. The intersection was closed for hours and the investigation continues.
Police were assisted in the investigation by the New York State Police Patrol, BCI, and Collision Reconstruction Unit. Assisting at the scene were the South Minden Volunteer Fire Department, the Canajoharie Volunteer Fire Department, the Canajoharie Police Department, GAVAC, Roosevelts Towing & Recovery, and members of the public.
More from NEWS10:
- La Salle saves season with dramatic comeback win over Amsterdam
- Niskayuna blanks Saratoga to advance to Class AA semi-finals
- Siena women hold media day as they prep for November 6 exhibition
- Averill Park rolls Albany to set up three way tie in Class A
- Burnt Hills cruises past Niskayuna, locks up Grasso Division