ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Albany police said they are investigating a shooting that happened early morning Monday, August 23 on First Street.
On Monday, August 23, at around 12:55 a.m., officers responded to the 400 block of First Street between Judson Street and North Lake Avenue for reports of a shooting. When arrived, officers located an 18-year-old male with a gunshot wound to his leg.
The victim was treated at the scene by emergency medical personnel and transported to Albany
Medical Center Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
At this time the investigation remains ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact
the Albany Police Detective Division at 518-462-8039.
More from NEWS10
- Double stabbing leaves 2 dead in Herkimer County
- Waterloo parents disciplined after ‘disruptive’ rally at high school
- 19 schools in New York recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2021
- Protesters target NYC restaurant for row over vaccination card
- New York docs ‘very excited’ about Pfizer vaccines for 5-year-olds on up