SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Schenectady Police Department said they are investigating a shooting that happened on the afternoon of Wednesday, August 26, in the area of Van Vranken Ave.
On Wednesday, August 25, at around 1:58 p.m., officers responded to the area of Carrie St. for a report of a shooting. When arrived, officers located a 17-year-old male with a gunshot wound to his arm.
The male was treated on scene by paramedics and transported to Ellis Hospital with non-life threating injuries. The shooting occurred in the area of Van Vranken Ave and the victim is being uncooperative.
There is currently no suspect in custody and detectives are actively investigating the incident. Those with information are asked to contact our Tips Line at 518-788-6566.
More from NEWS10
- Parking restrictions in Albany for the upcoming weekend
- Home sales dipped in August after two months of increases
- Group of House Republicans file articles of impeachment against President Biden
- Lawmakers in Northeast seek USDA support for organic dairy farmers
- Guilderland edges Shenendehowa in playoff rematch