KNOX, N.Y. (WTEN) — A 12-year-old girl was hospitalized Thursday after being buried by a snow plow while playing outside a Knox home Thursday. Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple confirmed to NEWS10 that the girl was alive.
She was digging holes in the snow while she played outside the home Thursday morning when a family member, who was plowing snow, accidentally buried her in a snowbank, according to the Times Union.
When family members couldn’t find the girl they realized what happened and called 911, then started digging, the paper reports. It’s not clear how long she was trapped under the snow, but she wasn’t breathing by the time they found her.
Family members, guided by emergency dispatchers, performed CPR on the child until deputies and EMTs arrived around 8:30 a.m. It wasn’t immediately clear if the family or first responders were the ones who resuscitated her, but she began breathing again and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
During a news conference on the winter weather Thursday afternoon, County Executive Daniel McCoy said the girl was doing well, the Times Union reports.
- Little change in this week’s gas prices
- NASA’s Mars helicopter makes history-making first flight
- SUNY receives funding increase to help students from economically-disadvantaged communities
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: Is It Ok To Put Your Dog’s Poop In Someone Else’s Garbage
- Siena Poll: Cuomo’s favorability lowest its ever been, majority of voters say he should not resign