NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a 12-year-old boy and a 69-year-old man have been killed in an apartment fire in Brooklyn. The fire started just before 2 a.m. Monday on the top floor of a five-story apartment building in the Flatbush neighborhood.
The young boy and the 69-year-old man were pronounced dead at area hospitals. Their names were not immediately released.
An 82-year-old woman and a 30-year-old woman were hospitalized with injuries from the fire. A Fire Department spokesperson says five firefighters suffered minor injuries battling the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Carlton Road in Clifton Park closed Monday morning due to downed power lines, pole
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- Robotic pets used to remedy loneliness in nursing homes
- Fire damages home of TV host Rachael Ray
- ‘Mass casualty incident’ being investigated in Yates County