CROWN POINT, N.Y. (WFFF) — Tuesday night, New York State Police were called to Lake Champlain for a vehicle that had fallen through ice and submerged in the water approximately 150 offshore.
The vehicle and one victim was recovered from the water on Wednesday and was pronounced dead at the scene, state police said.
The deceased has been identified as 71-year-old Linda Pierce of Rutland, Vermont. An autopsy of Pierce’s body will be conducted Thursday.
- Les Miles, Kansas agree to ‘mutual’ split after LSU report on sexual complaints
- Delmar students win National Science Bowl regional competition, secure spot in national finals
- Sanders: Latest COVID relief is “very significant step forward”
- Albany County approves paid time-off for County employees to receive COVID vaccine
- 03/09/2021: A taste of spring through late week