WTEN, the ABC affiliate in Albany, New York, has an immediate opening for an experienced Local Media/Digital Sales Executive. This position offers the opportunity to further your media and digital sales expertise with on-going sales training, and the potential to earn above average income. Our next team member should bring creativity, enthusiasm, strong work ethic, and a track record of success. This opportunity allows the sales executive to offer effective and desired Television marketing solutions for our clients, as well as the highly desired Digital solutions currently available today. This position offers an ongoing list of active accounts along with developing New business a critical factor in success. Ideal candidate enjoys a fast paced environment, working in a team atmosphere, and being rewarded for your individual efforts. Must have 5 years experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals
- Establish credible relationships within our business community
- Make sales calls on prospective clients and develop new business
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to clients
- Educate customers on the variety of available TV and Digital products to most effectively promote their products and/or services
- Provide clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement on television and digital platforms
- Work with clients and station personnel to develop advertising and promotional campaigns
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of market trends and the media landscape for the Greater Baton Rouge area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Employment requires a Pre-employment criminal background check, Motor Vehicle Report, valid driver’s license, Bachelor’s degree, broadcast sales team experience, strong oral and written communication skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Candidate must be a passionate team player, with the ability to develop presentations independently
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned as needed.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.nexstar.tv/careers. First time users must create an account then apply for this job and attach your resume. Background check required. A NEXSTAR BROADCASTING STATION. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.