SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR) — A warm welcome home for Paralympian Jill Walsh at Syracuse’s Hancock Airport Monday night.
Friends and family went to the airport to celebrate Walsh, a cyclist who won a bronze medal in the Road Race event in Tokyo.
Walsh said she didn’t expect such a crowd to greet her at the airport. “I didn’t expect this at all. It was really nice!”
This was Walsh’s second Olympics. She also won two silver medals in the Rio games.
More from NEWS10
- Free car seat checks in Albany on September 25
- Districts getting creative when it comes to finding school bus drivers
- Ex-state employee pleads guilty to $300K+ in unemployment fraud
- Memo from Hochul’s Office calls for greater transparency
- Vaccine mandate taking effect at St. Peter’s, unvaccinated staff to be suspended without pay