COHOES, N.Y. (NEWS10)— On Saturday the City of Cohoes will host their winter carnival on Van Schaick Island Pond. This is the kick-off to a year-long celebration marking the 150th anniversary of the City of Cohoes.
Starting at noon and going to 3 p.m., there will be refreshments, and carriage rides around the pond. Jim Nadeau, an acclaimed ice sculpture artist will crave three 300 lbs blocks of ice with a chainsaw. His creation will be the signature event at this year’s carnival.
There will be activities for all ages and Nadeau says it’s perfect weather for carving.
- Inside NY Baseball: Yankee prospect Estevan Florial; this week’s Press Pass
- Relaxing mask policies for vaccinated customers at Trader Joe’s, other chains
- Armed Forces Day: Walt Disney World honors cast member who served in WWII with flag-raising ceremony
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS
- Derek Jeter sells Florida mansion, which he once rented to Tom Brady, for $22.5 million