COHOES, N.Y. (NEWS10)— On Saturday the City of Cohoes will host their winter carnival on Van Schaick Island Pond. This is the kick-off to a year-long celebration marking the 150th anniversary of the City of Cohoes.
Starting at noon and going to 3 p.m., there will be refreshments, and carriage rides around the pond. Jim Nadeau, an acclaimed ice sculpture artist will crave three 300 lbs blocks of ice with a chainsaw. His creation will be the signature event at this year’s carnival.
There will be activities for all ages and Nadeau says it’s perfect weather for carving.
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- More than one million dollars paid by NY restaurants, bars for COVID-19 violations
- Schenectady announces 2021 proposed budget, predicts $12m COVID-19 related shortfall
- Shen field hockey returning plenty of firepower for 2020 season
- Bills QB Josh Allen and OC Brian Daboll bond over their highly competitive nature