ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10)–Wednesday would be President Lincoln’s 211th birthday and at the New York State Museum, his handwritten preliminary emancipation proclamation is out on display.
The document came into state possession in 1865. In 2012 it went on a statewide tour but now that it’s in its new 600 lbs., oxygen-free case, the museum can have it on display for longer periods of time.
The exhibit is to the right of the museum’s main entrance. It will be on display until March first.
- Alarcon, Troy tops Amsterdam in quarterfinal upset
- Averill Park rolls in battle of Warriors
- Saratoga advances to the Semifinals after 79-54 win over Guilderland
- Shaker upsets Colonie in overtime win
- Siena women’s basketball falls at Monmouth