(CNN) — Chocolate may be good for your stress, but researchers suggest it may not be good for your skin.
The journal, Jama Dermatology, published a study Wednesday.
Researchers looked at eating habits of 25,000 French adults. They found what appears to be a strong link between eating sweets and fatty foods and having acne breakouts.
The researchers also associated consuming milk and sugary drinks with acne, but they say that link was not as strong.
A reason for the possible link, scientists say foods hight in sugar can effect your hormones and insulin levels, which can then create oxidative stress and inflammation with your body.
- Stockbridge man arrested, accused of vandalizing police station
- Video emerges of officer using knee-to-neck on Schenectady man
- Most major CDTA bus routes to return to full service
- Huck Finn’s founder passes away at 98
- Misuse complaints, coronavirus regulations close Lake George’s Lake Avenue Park launch site