ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Governor Andrew Cuomo Sunday announced that New York City will enter Phase Three of reopening on Monday, but that indoor dining will not reopen there.
The governor also updated New Yorkers on the state’s progress during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
New York City is a crowded, dense urban area and — until recently — was the global epicenter of the COVID-19 crisis,” Governor Cuomo said. “Out of an abundance of caution and after seeing other states’ experiences with indoor dining, we will wait to reopen it as the city moves to Phase Three tomorrow. As we end this holiday weekend, I urge everyone to be New York Tough: wear a mask, socially distance, use hand sanitizer and continue the smart practices that have made our state a national leader in combating this virus. I also remind local governments of their duty to enforce the standards that have made NY’s reopening safe and successful.”
Sunday’s data is summarized below:
- Patient Hospitalization – 832 (-12)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 54 (-9)
- Hospital Counties – 28
- Number ICU – 178 (-12)
- Number ICU with Intubation – 116 (-3)
- Total Discharges – 70,968 (+91)
- Deaths – 8
- Total Deaths – 24,904
Of the 63,415 tests conducted in New York State Saturday, 533, or 0.84 percent, were reported positive. Each region’s percentage of positive tests over the last three days is as follows:
|Central New York||0.90%||1.40%||1.50%|
|New York City||1.50%||1.40%||0.90%|
|Western New York||1.70%||1.40%||0.70%|
The Governor also confirmed 533 additional cases of novel coronavirus, bringing the statewide total to 397,131 confirmed cases in New York State. Of the 397,131 total people who reportedly tested positive for the virus, the geographic breakdown is as follows:
|County||Total Positive||New Positive|
- WATCH: Albany County coronavirus update, Jan. 15
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- State police are investigating a fatal vehicle crash in the Town of Cairo