(CNN) — The global number of COVID-19 infections has now surpassed 27 million.
The U.S. has the highest number of cases at almost 6.3 million according to data released by Johns Hopkins University,
India comes in second with just over 4.2 million cases. It surpassed Brazil Monday, which currently has 4.1 million cases.
More than 880,000 people have died of the coronavirus worldwide since the pandemic began.
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- 3 things Donald Trump may do after leaving office Wednesday
- Phil Spector, music producer and convicted murderer, dies at 81
- UAlbany men’s basketball sweeps NJIT with 83-71 win Sunday
- Additional case of COVID-19 UK variant found in Westchester County; 18 cases now in New York State