(CNN) — The global number of COVID-19 infections has now surpassed 27 million.
The U.S. has the highest number of cases at almost 6.3 million according to data released by Johns Hopkins University,
India comes in second with just over 4.2 million cases. It surpassed Brazil Monday, which currently has 4.1 million cases.
More than 880,000 people have died of the coronavirus worldwide since the pandemic began.
- Child seat safety check in Watervliet Thursday, July 29
- Albany County coronavirus update, July 27
- PNY Grants: Albany, Erie, Greene, Monroe, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Warren
- LIVE: Police who defended US Capitol to testify at Jan. 6 riot probe’s first hearing
- Gov. Cuomo’s office: Hunt underway for Cannabis Control Board members