(CNN) — New York State is turning to humor and pop culture to try to get people to keep wearing a mask during the pandemic, enlisting the iconic masked horror villain Jason Vorhees to help spread the word.
This 30-second PSA stars a character who looks suspiciously like the serial killer “Jason” from the “Friday the 13th” slasher horror films.
He is walking around the streets of New York City in his hockey mask, unintentionally terrifying people while trying to fit in.
He finds out it is because he is not wearing a “protective” mask.
The tagline reads, “Wearing a mask can be scary. Not wearing one can be deadly.” Ogilvy Health produced the ad.
- ‘COVID-19 Notice’ issued over church services.
- Two in custody after Fulton County chase
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- Woman hospitalized after Albany County kayak incident
- 9/27/20: Mostly Cloudy with Passing Showers Monday