BOSTON, MA. (NEWS10) — A Massachusetts resident who recently traveled to Wuhan, China was diagnosed with coronavirus late Friday night, according to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
He recently traveled to Wuhan and upon his return sought medical care. He is currently in isolation until he is cleared by health officials.
The man, who is in his 20s is the eighth reported case in the U.S; Three people in California, two in Illinois and one in Massachusetts, Washington State and Arizona.
“We are grateful that this young man is recovering and sought medical attention immediately,’’ said Massachusetts Public Health Commissioner Monica Bharel. “Massachusetts has been preparing for a possible case of this new coronavirus, and we were fortunate that astute clinicians took appropriate action quickly. Again, the risk to the public from the 2019 novel coronavirus remains low in Massachusetts.”
- 9/27/20: Mostly Cloudy with Passing Showers Monday
- Bills give up a 25-point lead but escape with a win over the Rams to start 3-0
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi optimistic sides can agree on new aid package
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches