Latest Storm Tracker Forecast from Meteorologists Steve Caporizzo, Tim Drawbridge, and Rob Lindenmuth
Here are the latest Rainfall Totals…. as of 4pm Tuesday as they continue to climb….
There have been a slew of flood warnings and flood advisories…. here’s the latest from the NWS-Albany…. https://www.weather.gov/aly/
and, keep an eye on the some of the gauges….
In particular…. the Schoharie Creek at Gilboa Bridge…. Flood WARNING extended into Thursday morning…. Moderate Flooding….
* At 5:15 PM EDT Tuesday the stage was 19.5 feet.* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.* Recent Activity…The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 5:15 PM EDT Tuesday was 19.5 feet.* Forecast…The river is expected to rise to a crest of 19.9 feet this evening. It will then fall below flood stage early Thursday morning.* Flood History…This crest compares to a previous crest of 19.9 feet on 11/10/1990.
The…. the winds have gusted a bit here…. more so to the east…. gusts over 40 mph in Eastern Massachusetts…. winds will continue to get strong here points east overnight into Wednesday….
Here’s the Futurecast for tonight and Wednesday…. the steady rain diminishes after Midnight…. things will be slow to improve on Wednesday….
outside of some upper 40s in the Northern Adirondacks…. we’ll top out in the 50s region-wide….
The Futurecast shows a GREAT day for Thursday…. mostly sunny, seasonable…. forecast highs will be in the mid & upper 50s….
Here’s your forecast for Tonight & Tomorrow / Wednesday….
After the rain winds down later tonight…. and things slowly improve Wednesday…. we have a GORGEOUS October day Thursday…. before the another system brings rain to the region Friday night – Saturday….
- Where each state stands with COVID rates, deaths
- Man with ‘wooden daggers’ threatens woman on subway in Manhattan
- New York State Trooper union sues Attorney General
- Niskayuna High School choral groups caroling throughout community Monday evening
- Gov. Hochul: $539M approved for new NYS Homeowner Assistance Fund