JOHNSTOWN, N.Y. (NEWS10) — This Friday, December 2 join the holiday fun at the Johnstown colonial stroll and holiday parade. Embrace the holiday season with shopping, performances and more.
OFA is shuttling from the Johnstown historical society museum to Johnson Hall where sounds of Liasons Plaisantes are heard along with refreshments, gift shop and raffle. Shop, stroll and enjoy the following entertainment,
- The Dream Catchers Singers, strolling through downtown as they sing
- Gary McCoy, bagpipes
- Gary VanSlyke, Christmas themed acoustic music
- Deb Cavanaugh, singing winter-themed songs
- Magician John Hoffman
- St. John’s Episcopal Church where Johnstown high school band will play a selection of Christmas music with free hot chocolate and popcorn
- Bill Ackerbauer, Christmas themed acoustic music
- The First Presbyterian Church where you can view nativity sets, take selfies, enjoy refreshments, music and horse drawn carriages
The stroll takes place from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. The beginning of holiday parade starts at 6:30 p.m. with the arrival of Santa Claus. If the kids don’t get a chance to tell Santa what they want for Christmas personally, Johnstown has set up Santa’s mailbox downtown for everyone to mail their Christmas lists. The mailbox is located on West Main Street directly in front of Blooming Lotus Yoga & Wellness.