Owner Matt Barry opened Mean Max Brew Works in Glens Falls in 2014. The brewery sells its own beer, as well as wine from Adirondack Winery, spirits from Yankee Distillers, High Peaks Distilling and Springbrook Hollow Distillery, and New York ciders.
The brewery offers snacks, but does not have its own kitchen. Barry encourages people to bring food with them from their favorite restaurants.
Grand opening schedule
- Thursday, August 17
- Ribbon cutting at 3 p.m.
- Beer cupcakes available
- Merch giveaways with taproom purchase: pin and patches
- Friday, August 18
- Merch giveaways with taproom purchase: koozies
- Drink special: Beer floats
- Saturday, August 19
- Merch giveaways with taproom purchase: Farmer’s Market tote bag
- Drink specials: Beer-mosas and Bloody Marys
- DJ Bucklee from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, August 20
- Merch giveaways with taproom purchase
- Drink special: Raspberry Vodka Iced Tea
The new taproom offers similar events as its Glens Falls taproom including trivia nights, live music, and more. The Troy location is open Wednesday and Thursday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 3 p.m. to midnight, Saturday from 10 a.m. to midnight, and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.