ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Department of Environmental Education’s Hudson River estuary educators have put together a virtual program for students, teachers, and families to enjoy the outdoors close to home.
The Virtual River introduces the natural world of the local Hudson River environment through videos, interactive lessons, and activities for those learning from home.
DEC has targeted its lessons at all ages, so family members from different grade levels can share lessons and learn together about their local environment. Take a dip in the digital river with four of their ten videos on river wildlife and habitats:
Seining for Fish
Hudson River Turtles
- Couple caught on camera defacing Black Lives Matter mural
- New York State Senate and Assembly holding joint public hearing on redistricting
- DEC warns of fake websites selling fishing licenses
- Local woman: PayPal freezes account after unemployment deposit
- US budget deficit hits all-time high of $864 billion in June