AVERILL PARK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Averill Park Central School District said a high school student has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The district said they learned of the positive case on Tuesday from the Rensselaer County Health Department. Officials said 52 students, five teachers and two staff members have to quarantine for two weeks because they were in close contact with the student.
The Department of Health said those in quarantine will need clearance before they can go back to the high school.
- Bills WR Stefon Diggs anticipates seeing more zone defense
- Capital Region voters experience long waits at the polls
- Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Shen takes down Guilderland in sectional final rematch
- Greenville wins regular season title in dominating fashion