SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — To help local students and teachers during the coronavirus pandemic, First New York Federal Credit Union donated school supplies to elementary and middle schools in the Schenectady City School District on Monday.
The donation included 450 backpacks stuffed with school supplies, including 1,200 pocket folders, notebooks, 260 boxes of crayons and 700 highlighters.
They said they have actively been finding new ways to help those in need and to provide students with the tools they need to be successful.
“We’ve definitely seen that so many districts throughout the Capital District are hurting right now,” School Banking Outreach and Marketing Coordinator Lindsay Phillips said. “In the midst of COVID, many parents are struggling to buy school supplies, and this is a great way we’re able to help the kids but also that way it’s not coming out of the school district’s budgets to have to buy this stuff for the kids in need.”
- Local congressman in favor of Stopping Grinch Bots
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- More COVID-19 cases confirmed in Shenendehowa CSD