ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Two more positive coronavirus cases have been found in the Albany City School District.
According to Superintendent Kaweeda Adams, one positive case is in Albany High School, and the other is in Hackett Middle School. Both individuals, however, are in virtual instruction and have not been inside either building this school year.
Since neither case were in the schools, the Albany County Department of Health said there are no additional steps required at either school. The department is also continuing with contact tracing and will notify specific individuals if necessary.
On Monday, a member of the Sheridan Preparatory Academy community tested positive for COVID-19.
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Only 1 child died of flu this season – down from nearly 200
- Statewide COVID-19 positivity rate just over 3%
- Record-high 183K vaccines doses distributed in NYS on Thursday
- NY lawmakers modify Cuomo’s emergency COVID-19 powers amid sexual harassment allegations