ATLANTA (AP) – Jay Huff and Mamadi Diakite scored 17 points apiece as defending national champion Virginia snapped a three-game losing streak with a 63-58 win over Georgia Tech.
The Cavaliers finally regained their winning touch after dropping out of The Associated Press ranking for the first time since November 2017.
Virginia led by as many as 14 in the second half, and held on after Yellow Jackets ripped off a 9-0 run to make a game of it.
Georgia Tech lost its fourth straight home game despite 20 points from Jose Alvarado.
The Yellow Jackets haven’t won at McCamish Pavilion since Dec. 4.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Superintendent: Whitehall left in the dark weeks after storm damaged school
- New invasives plan to keep watch from on high on Adirondack hemlock trees
- Maine to use ranked choice voting for presidential election