SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Buddy Boeheim scored 21 points, Marek Dolezaj added 17, and Syracuse held off Pittsburgh 69-61.
Syracuse has won five straight as it tries to rebound from a lackluster start to the season and build a resume for postseason consideration.
Pittsburgh was coming off home wins over North Carolina and Boston College. Elijah Hughes, the ACC’s leading scorer, had just 10 points to match his season low, all coming in the second half.
Quincy Guerrier had 10 points and eight rebounds and Dolezaj had seven boards. Justin Champagnie led Pitt with 14 points and Terrell Brown had 11.
Leading scorer Trey McGowens had seven points.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The DMV and GTSC reminding drivers to be ready for winter conditions
- NASA to launch new satellite to enhance data for weather models, hurricane forecasting
- Inmates can get COVID relief money, no matter their offense, judge rules
- Stimulus checks: Here’s why Pelosi is aiming for a deal right after Election Day
- Rankings: Which states don’t bother to vote, New York in the bottom 10 states for voter turnout