FRANKLINVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) — Dustin Keech is an expert in dinosaurs; he loves animals. And thanks to Make-A-Wish, Dustin was able to combine his two passions into one by turning his backyard into a “Jurassic Farm.”
Dustin’s wish? A barn, five goats, and a fence right in his backyard. His mother, Jennifer Kellogg, says it’s perfect for Dustin, who would have an entire zoo if he could.
“He’s an animal kid. With his Dravet Syndrome, he can’t do a lot of physical activity, so he got into animals at a young age,” Kellogg explained.
Dravet Syndrome is a rare genetic disease that causes epilepsy. On top of that, Kellogg says it also causes Dustin to have mobility issues and learning disabilities.
But this weekend, Dustin was able to focus on something other than his illness thanks to Make-A-Wish, and become the best farmer he can be.
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes
- Fauci: Life as we knew it won’t return until ‘many, many months’ into 2021
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first
- NY Blitz Digital Huddle: Week 8