SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Seniors meeting seniors! It was an adorable meeting made possible by the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation’s temporary home this summer in Saratoga.
My Teddy Bear and Brickbat will be spending the summer in Saratoga at the Bloomfield Farm, an active polo barn. The thoroughbreds’ presence in Saratoga aims to introduce and reinforce the TRF’s mission to the racing community, racing fans and the general public.
Their “summer job” is to raise awareness of the critical need and importance of thoroughbred aftercare.
Want to visit the horses? The TRF is hosting people on Mondays and Fridays until Sept. 6. Visits are free of charge and by appointment.
More 10 in Toga
- Newly renovated Post Bar, Paddock Suite to debut at Saratoga Race Course in 2022
- Saratoga Race Course rebuilding ‘Wilson Chute’ for 1 mile races on main track
- Kid Blast, famed racehorse, finds new career at Therapeutic Horses of Saratoga
- Season 5 of Foal Patrol, live webcam series of pregnant mares, to debut in January
- Derby winner Medina Spirit collapses, dies in California