SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – After many decades, Five Points Deli is closing its doors. The neighborhood favorite making the announcement to close earlier this week on social media.
Owner Maura Pulver will move onto her own new venture: Simply Food by Maura. She promises to bring Five Points traditions with her like the free bagged lunch program, homemade Five Points dinners and the popular breakfast sandwiches.
Pulver’s decision comes after the COVID-19 pandemic hit and caused her to rethink what is important to her: cooking and feeding people.
She is excited for more space to be able to cook.
Five Points Deli is expected to close by the end of the month. Pulver hopes to be in her new location by Sept. 7.
More 10 in Toga
- NYRA to institute purse increases beginning October 18 at Belmont Park
- Belmont winner Tiz the Law won’t run in Preakness
- NYRA successfully completes unprecedented Saratoga meet
- NYRA announces jockey protocols for Belmont Park fall meet
- National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame reopens to the public on Saturday