Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Graphic Design Degree Hub
Graphic Design Degree Hub conducts a rigorous survey of U.S.-based visual communications degrees to find the 20 best schools.
PHILADELPHIA, Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The 20 most outstanding visual communications degrees in the United States are now featured in a new article by Graphic Design Degree Hub. Titled "Top 20 Best Visual Communications Degree Programs," the online piece represents an ambitious survey of accredited colleges and universities. The article is available now on Graphic Design Degree Hub, which is a web guide to careers, education and financial aid in the visual arts.
Editors for the piece pored over figures provided by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) and the National Center for Education Statistics. A simple, point-based system was used to rank the schools by student retention and graduation rates as well as numbers of students receiving financial aid. A number of traditional, campus-based colleges made the list as well as several accredited online schools. The article includes IES figures along with average tuition costs and links to further information.
Visual communications jobs can encompass a wide range of career choices and salaries. Current U.S. federal labor statistics forecast fairly moderate job growth (7%) for graphic designers through 2022; however, jobs in the areas of computer system design and related services are expected to increase by as much as 35 percent. The article by Graphic Design Degree Hub provides students with new ways to evaluate the data.
For more information about the "Top 20 Best Visual Communications Degree Programs," visit this URL: http://www.graphicdesigndegreehub.com/best/visual-communications-programs
Following are the top visual communications degrees as ranked in the survey by Graphic Design Degree Hub:
20. University of Washington School of Art, Seattle, Washington: Visual Communication Design
19. Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana: Visual Communications Design (Graphic Design)
18. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia: Visual Communication Design
17. The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas: Visual Communications Design (Graphic Design)
16. University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana: Visual Communication Design
15. University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Visual Arts
14. University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication
13. Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia: Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communication with Graphic Design Concentration
12. Full Sail University, Winter Park, Florida: Bachelor of Science in Media Communications
11. University of California, Los Angeles, California: Bachelor of Arts in Design Media Arts
10. University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina: Visual Communication
9. Auburn University, Auburn University, Alabama: Visual Journalism
8. School of Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois: Visual Communication Design
7. Pratt Institute-Main, New York, New York: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Communications Design
6. California College of the Arts, San Francisco, California: Graphic Design with Visual Communication
5. University of Cincinnati (College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning), Cincinnati Ohio: Bachelor of Science in Graphic Communication Design
4. Carnegie Mellon University School of Design, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Communication Design
3. Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore Maryland: Graphic Design and Humanistic Studies
2. The New School - Parsons, New York, New York: Communications Design
1. School of Visual Arts - New York City, New York, New York: Design with Visual Communication
About: Graphic Design Degree Hub is a free place to find top degree programs, scholarships and career advice for aspiring graphic designers. Visit our website to learn how to succeed in the world of visual arts.
Jesse Rochus, Editor
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.