House damaged from fast spreading grease fire - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

House damaged from fast spreading grease fire

Posted:
BERNE, N.Y. - One family woke up without a home on Monday morning after a small kitchen fire took a turn for the worse.   

Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire, although one firefighter did suffer some heat exhaustion, but he's expected to be okay.

Officials say the grease fire spread quickly. Before crews got to the home on Bradt Hollow Road, the family tried to put out the grease fire out themselves with a fire extinguisher.  

Powered by WorldNow

341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204

Telephone: 518.436.4822
Fax: 518.426.4792
Email: news@news10.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.