NEW YORK (AP) - Mayor Bill de Blasio says he plans to block a campaign to put a proposal on the Nov. 4 ballot that would require his administration to reopen a probe into the collapse of 7 World Trade Center.
The mayor Thursday called the proposal an "insensitive and inappropriate action" after all the suffering on and after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
He says his administration will work with the City Council to block the proposal.
The Wall Street Journal (http://on.wsj.com/1mmT6RO ) says the NYC Coalition for Accountability Now last week submitted more than 67,000 signatures to the city. If the council doesn't approve placing the proposal on the ballot, the group can submit an additional 15,000 signatures to ensure it gets on.
The group says it doesn't feel the collapse was properly investigated.
Information from: The Wall Street Journal, http://www.wsj.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.