Police: Cause of death for two found inside Latham home released - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

Police: Cause of death for two found inside Latham home released

Posted: Updated:

LATHAM, N.Y. – Police found two dead in a Latham home, and accidental carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame. 

Colonie Police say two people,  82-year-old Palma Nero and 77-year-old John Lamena, were discovered inside the home on Dove Court in Latham. They say co-workers of one of the victims called police after they didn’t show up to work Thursday.

When police responded, the garage door was locked and closed with a car running inside. Exhaust smoke could be seen coming from the seams of the garage door.

The Colonie Fire Department forced entry into the garage, and a search of the home revealed the two deceased. The male victim was found in a bedroom, and the female in a hallway. 

A carbon monoxide reading was taken by Town of Colonie Fire Services that indicated very high levels inside the residence.


Powered by WorldNow

341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204

Telephone: 518.436.4822
Fax: 518.426.4792
Email: news@news10.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.