ALBANY, N.Y. – Taste NY will expand its showcase of the state’s best food and drink products at Saratoga Race Course this summer.
Now taking place each Thursday, Friday and Sunday in the Saratoga Pavilion, Taste NY will focus on New York State wine, spirits, craft beer, cider, and artisan food.
The all-new series featuring wine and spirits on Thursdays and craft beer and cider tastings on Fridays is an expansion of Taste NY at Saratoga Race Course, which launched in 2013 with a lively artisan market on Sundays. The Thursday and Friday tastings will feature a rotating selection of New York State wineries and breweries; while the Sunday marketplace will be comprised of up to 19 regular vendors.
Thursdays will center on New York State wines and spirits, and will offer track patrons the opportunity to sample wine from a number of wineries across the state for $30 from noon to 4 p.m.
Participating wineries include:
- Adirondack Winery of Lake George
- Amazing Grace Vineyard and Winery of Chazy
- Heron Hill Winery of Hammondsport
- Hudson-Chatham Winery of Ghent
- Lakeland Winery of Syracuse
- Ledge Rock Hill Winery and Vineyard of Corinth
- Miles Wine Cellars of Seneca Lake
- The Saratoga Winery of Saratoga Springs
- Swedish Hill Winery of Saratoga Springs
- Thirsty Owl of Saratoga Springs
- Thousand Island Winery of Alexandria Bay
- Vesco Ridge Vineyards of West Chazy
On Fridays, patrons will be invited to a craft beer and cider tasting from noon to 4 p.m. featuring more than a dozen New York craft breweries. Admission is $20 and includes 20 sampling tickets.
- Adirondack Brewery of Lake George
- Brewery Ommegang of Cooperstown
- Brooklyn Brewery of the New York City Metro area
- Brown’s Brewing Co. of Troy
- Captain Lawrence Brewery of Elmsford
- Empire Brewing Company of Syracuse
- Keegan Ales of Kingston
- Ithaca Beer Company of Ithaca
- Lake Placid Brewery of Lake Placid
- Olde Saratoga Brewing Company of Saratoga Springs
- Saranac Brewing Co. of Utica
Wine and beer tastings will also feature complimentary offerings each Thursday of Cabot Creamery cheese sourced from New York farmers, and complimentary offerings each Thursday and Friday of kettle chips from Saratoga Chips.
Sundays will feature an expansion of the New York food and artisan market, where track patrons will be able to sample and purchase products made in the Empire State from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Now in its second year, new participants include:
- Arthur Marc’s Specialty Foods of Fultonham offering sauces, oils and stuffed olives;
- Kernel Cravings of Albany offering popcorn and nuts
- Oliva Provisions of Spencertown offering kale and walnut pesto
- Our Daily Eats of Delmar offering nuts, seeds and granola
- Red Jacket Orchards of Geneva offering juice and cider
- R&G Cheese of Cohoes offering cheese
- Sundaes Best Hot Fudge Sauce of Wilton offering ice cream and dessert toppings
- Whalen’s Horseradish Products of Saratoga Springs offering horseradish, sauces and cheese spreads
- Worldling’s Pleasure of Watervliet offering cheese spreads and dips
Returning vendors include:
- Battenkill Creamery of Salem offering milk
- Dutch Desserts of Kinderhook offering tarts and baked goods
- Joe’s Jerky of Sherrill offering jerky and hot sauce
- Mountain Winds Farm of Berne offering maple syrup
- Peanut Principle of Cohoes offering nuts and snacks
- Pixie’s Preserves of Waterford offering jelly
- RAD Soap of Cohoes offering soap and lotion
- Saratoga Crackers of Saratoga Springs offering crackers
- Saratoga Garlic of Saratoga Springs offering garlic and aioli
- Saratoga Sweets of Saratoga Springs offering candy