EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y.-- The Casino at East Greenbush released a community friendly traffic migration plan Wednesday.
The traffic migration plan was designed to ease the expected traffic increase due to the construction of the $300 million project.
The Casino at East Greenbush also unveiled a proposal to ensure residents of Thompson Hill Road will be protected from any increase in traffic.
"For weeks, we have been conducting extensive studies about the traffic patterns and volume in East Greenbush, and these comprehensive improvements will address every concern among residents and ultimately improve conditions for other businesses in town," said Rita Cox, SVP of Marketing and External Affairs at Saratoga Casino and Raceway.
A few of the proposed improvements are as follows:
· Widening and adding lanes to Route 4, including shoulders and sidewalks;
· Constructing a new I-90 Westbound on-ramp at Exit 9;
· Installing and improving various traffic signals on and near Route 4;
· Adding a right-turn lane from I-90 Eastbound off-ramp at Exit 9, and;
· Creating new southbound to westbound on-ramp to allow free-flow movement from Route 4 southbound to I-90 westbound.
For residents of Thompson Hill Road, the Casino at East Greenbush is also proposing to turn the street into a cul-de-sac, with access only to Mannix Road, which would eliminate any traffic coming from Route 4.
A full presentation will take place at a public forum on Wednesday.