ALBANY, N.Y.—Many road closures and restrictions will take place with Tulip Fest taking over Washington Park the weekend of May 9 through 11.
FRIDAY MAY 9, 2014 State Street- Tulip Festival Street Scrubbing Event
On May 9, 2014 between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., State Street between Eagle Street and lodge Street will be closed to all traffic. CDTA will re-route all buses that normally use State Street to Pine Street via lodge Street in both the eastbound and westbound directions. All motor vehicle traffic will be diverted during these hours.
All parking will be prohibited on this section of State Street during these hours
Parking Restrictions in Washington Park- Friday May 9, 2014 6:00 a.m. through Sunday May 11, 2014:
1. Washington Park Road, east side from Hudson Avenue north 6 spaces
2. Washington Park Road, both sides from New Scotland Avenue to lake Avenue
Road Closure in Washington Park - Friday May 9, 2014 at 6 a.m. through Sunday May 11, 2014:
1. Washington Park Road from New Scotland Avenue to South lake Lake Avenue
Road Closures - Saturday May 10, 2014 and Sunday May 11, 2014
1. May 10, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. until May 11, 2014 at 8 p.m., Washington Park, All ROADS, will be closed to all traffic for the Tulip Festival.
Additionally, the following roadways will be closed to all but local (resident and emergency vehicles) traffic:
May 10 and 11, 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. each day
1. lancaster Street between Lark Street and Willett Street
2. Hudson Avenue between Lark Street and Willett Street
3. Willett Street between Madison Avenue and State Street
May 10th and 11th 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. each day the following roadway will be closed to all traffic:
1. Englewood Place between Western Avenue and the south dead end.
May 10th at 12:01 a.m. until May 11th at 8:00 p.m.
1. Washington Park- All ROADWAYS including Henry Johnson Boulevard
May 10th and May 11th 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. each day
1. Englewood Place, both sides from Western Avenue to the south dead end
2. Thurlow Terrace, both sides form Western Avenue to the south dead end
May 10th at 6:00 a.m. until May 11 at 8:00 p.m.
1. Madison Avenue, north side from the bus stop east of New Scotland Avenue east 6 spaces
2. State Street, south side 4 spaces west of Henry Johnson Boulevard
3. S. Pearl Street, west side 2 spaces south of State Street
4. Madison Avenue, north side 2 spaces west of Grand Street
5. Elk Street, both sides 3 spaces west of Eagle Street
6. Elk Street, north side 3 spaces west of Hawk Street
Parking in the vicinity of Washington Park is limited. Please consider using alternate parking facilities that have been set up for this event. A CDTA shuttle bus will be running from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. both Saturday May 10 and Sunday May 11. The bus will make a loop to the following stops where parking is available:
1. State Street at Henry Johnson Boulevard. The bus will stop on the southwest corner on State St.
2. S. Pearl Street at State Street. The bus will stop on the southwest corner on S. Pearl Street
3. Madison Avenue & Eagle Street. The bus will stop on the northeast corner on Madison Avenue
4. Elk Street at Eagle Street. The bus will stop on Elk Street
5. Elk Street at N. Hawk Street. The bus will stop on Elk Street
Parking is available for residents where parking may be affected by the event. The following parking areas are available on the above mentioned shuttle stop locations:
1. East Parking Garage located at the corner of Madison Avenue and Eagle Street. Parking is available starting Friday May 9, 2014 after 4 p.m. until Monday May 12, 2014 at 6 a.m..
2. Cathedral & Museum Visitor Lot located in the rear of the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception on Madison Avenue west of Eagle Street. Parking is available on May 10 and 11 from 2 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
3. Elk Street State parking areas. There are several surface parking areas operated by NYSOGS that are available in this area starting Friday May 9, 2014 after 4 p.m. until Monday May 12, 2014 at 6 a.m.
All vehicles parked in these areas must be removed by Monday May 12, 2014 at 6:00 a.m.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.