Patricia Farrell found her daughter, Laree, dead in her home just one week before her 19 birthday last March due to a heroin overdose. Patricia says Laree was a gifted person, graduating from South Colonie High School at 16. She was also a talented artist and had a ton of friends. However, she had an addiction she hid from those who loved her.
“Insurance, detox, rehab, aftercare, ultimately losing her. No one's accountable, no sellers held accountable and we need stiffer laws and we need to put these guys away and get this drug off the street,” said Farrell.
Patricia also says the press conference, introducing the six bills geared towards helping to slow down the resurgence of heroin in New York, is a necessary step because her ultimate nightmare happened.
"Parents need to start putting it in their living room and letting their kids know how dangerous this drug is. You use once and you're done,” she said.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.