Cigarette dropped on couch causes house fire in Albany - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

Cigarette dropped on couch causes house fire in Albany

Posted:

ALBANY, N.Y. - Officials are investigating a fire in Albany which happened on Thursday afternoon.

The blaze happened at 85 Hunter Avenue off of Watervliet Avenue around 1 p.m.

The Albany Fire Chief said it all started because the man who lived in the building dropped a cigarette on the couch, causing the couch to catch on fire.  

One woman was taken to Albany Medical Center as a precaution.

Chief Warren Abriel said the amount of smoke caused some difficulties for fire crews.

 

Powered by WorldNow

341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204

Telephone: 518.436.4822
Fax: 518.426.4792
Email: news@news10.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.