DELANSON, N.Y. - A fire burns through an auto repair shop in Delanson Tuesday afternoon, sending one person to the hospital.
It began around 2 p.m. on Main Street.
Delanson Mayor Gayle Gifford says workers were fixing a car when a fire started and quickly spread catching gasoline and other flammables on fire.
She said one person suffered burns to their hands and was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The mayor says at one point several explosions could be heard coming from inside the building.
"Yeah, there were probably about five explosions. I know there are acetylene tanks in there, maybe some gasoline. They weren't huge, they were contained inside the building I believe," said Gifford.
Nearby train tracks were shut down for a brief period of time but have since been reopened.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.