Shenendehowa High School evacuated due to gas smell - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

Shenendehowa High School evacuated due to gas smell

Posted: Updated:

CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. — Shenendehowa High School was evacuated due to a gas smell in the building on Tuesday.

While preparing for a lab, a science teacher noticed and reported a gas smell in a science room.

All gas lines were shut off, emergency services were called and all evacuation procedures were followed. After a half hour, the fire department indicated that it was safe for students to return into the building.

Students are currently in the main gym, new gym, and auditorium while the room is being ventilated.

Powered by WorldNow

341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204

Telephone: 518.436.4822
Fax: 518.426.4792
Email: news@news10.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.