ALBANY N.Y. – A fire was called in on the 600 block of Warren Street Thursday morning at approximately 3a.m.
The fire first began in the bedroom, which has been gutted. The rest of the apartment suffered heat and smoke damage.
Police officers were first on scene, and helped residents out of the house.
Everyone made it out, though residents and police officers are being treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation.
One apartment tenant was just injured when his arm went through a glass window.
As a precaution nearby residents were evacuated, though the fire was contained to the one home.
The fire is out but crews are monitoring the home. It is believed that the fire was an electrical accident.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.