Minor fire at community college suite likely caused by smoking - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

Minor fire at community college suite likely caused by smoking

Posted:

JOHNSTOWN, N.Y. – Officials from Fulton-Montgomery Community College have confirmed there was a minor fire incident on Sunday morning on campus.

The minor fire was confined to one suite at Fulton-Montgomery Community College's Campus View Student Housing's Raider Hall.

The Berkshire Fire Department responded to the incident around 2:30 a.m.

The college said all students were successfully evacuated to other residence halls without injury or incident.   

However, the suite sustained the most water damage and five other suites sustained minor water damage from water on the floor.

Officials believe the incident was caused by a student smoking in his room. 

 

Powered by WorldNow

341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204

Telephone: 518.436.4822
Fax: 518.426.4792
Email: news@news10.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.