SCHENECTADY, N.Y. - Fire crews responded to a structure fire early Tuesday morning.
The call for a fire came in around 4:50 a.m. Tuesday at a two-family home at 1038-1040 Forest Rd.
Fire investigators said the fire started from a burning candle at the front of the house on the first floor and quickly spread to the second floor. All four residents got out safely.
Crews were able to put the fire out quickly, but cold weather caused some challenges. The assistant fire chief said the water would freeze up on the firefighters and also caused slippery conditions.
Forest Road was blocked off while crews conducted overhaul work.
"There was some access issues with limited access to the streets bc of the parking and snow banks. You'll find that situation here and in lots of parts in the city," said Deputy Chief David Orr, Schenectady Fire Dept.
The Schenectady Fire Department said they were used to working in these conditions and make it work.