1. Capital Region residents among passengers of ill cruise ship: A sick cruise ship docked in New Jersey Wednesday afternoon and aboard it were a number of people from the Capital Region.
2. Woman accused of stealing from PTO funs: A 46-year-old former PTO president is accused of stealing more than $20,000 from the elementary PTO fund, according to State Police.
3. Study: Kids' obesity risk starts before school age: A new study finds that much of a child's "weight fate" is set by age 5, and that nearly half of kids who became obese by the eighth grade were already overweight when they started kindergarten.
4. Death penalty decision imminent in Boston Marathon: As attorney general, Eric Holder has approved pursuing the death penalty in at least 34 criminal cases, upholding a long-ago pledge to Congress that he would vigorously enforce federal law even though he's not a proponent of capital punishment.
5. National Grid defers electricity supply prices: National Grid has requested and received approval to defer upcoming increases in electricity supply prices.