ALBANY, N.Y.-- For the second straight year, Assemblymember Phil Steck announced that the ten point Women's Equality Act was passed.
The ten point act represents ten reforms that would end sexist and discriminatory practices and bring fairness to the women of New York.
The Women's Equality Act achieves the following:
-Prevents sexual harassment in the workplace
- Achieves pay equity
- Protects reproductive rights
- Strengthens human trafficking laws
- Protects domestic violence victims
- Ends housing discrimination for victims of domestic violence
- Ends family status discrimination
- Prevents pregnancy discrimination
- Removes barriers to remedying discrimination
- Stops source-of-income discrimination