N.Y. -- Metro Mattress is donating new beds to 21 charitable
organizations in the Albany/Mohawk Valley region as part of its "50 Beds in 50
Completing its fourth year, the program kicked off in Syracuse last January.
The program was also successful in the Syracuse, Buffalo, and Rochester regions
in 2013. A total of 800 beds have been donated across the state to 290
charitable organizations since the program began in 2010.
Charitable organizations in the Albany/Mohawk Valley region
that will receive beds through the 2013 "50 Beds in 50 Days" program include:
- AIM Services, Inc., Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- Capital City Rescue Mission, Albany, N.Y.
- Center for Disability Services, Albany, N.Y.
- Family and Child Service of Schenectady, Inc., Schenectady,
- Harvest Church, Clifton Park, N.Y.
- Herkimer Area Resource Center, Herkimer, N.Y.
- Home Furnishings Program, Inc., Schenectady, N.Y.
- Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc. (HPCI), New Hartford,
- Interfaith Partnership, Albany, N.Y.
- LaSalle School, Inc., Albany, N.Y.
- Mohawk Opportunities, Inc., Schenectady, N.Y.
- Parsons Child and Family Center, Albany, N.Y.
- SAFE Inc., of Schenectady, Schenectady, N.Y.
- Saint Catherine's Center for Children, Albany, N.Y.
- Saratoga Bridges (NYSARC Inc., Saratoga County Chapter), Ballston
- Saratoga County Rural Preservation Company, Ballston Spa,
- Schenectady Community Action Program, Schenectady, N.Y.
- St. Paul's Center, Inc., Rensselaer, N.Y.
- The Guardian House, Ballston Spa, N.Y.
- United Way of Fulton County, Gloversville, N.Y.
- YWCA of the Greater Capital Region, Inc., Troy, N.Y.
"As we wrap up the fourth year of the
‘50 Beds in 50 Days' program, we are still amazed at the need, highlighted by
the number of requests we receive each year from organizations across the
state," said David Shiroff, president and CEO of Metro Mattress.