SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - On Monday, Saratoga Springs Police responded to a medical assist call at a local hotel.
Police arrived to the Hilton Garden Inn on South Broadway around 2 a.m. on Monday. They say they found an unresponsive 53-year-old man in the bathroom of one of the hotel rooms.
The man was taken to Saratoga Hospital, however, he passed away a short time later.
According to authorities, the man had been at the hotel visiting a registered guest.
A preliminary investigation reveals that the man died from a heroin overdose, according to police.
Official autopsy results are not yet available.