Police: Man dead after possible drug overdose - NEWS10 ABC: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports

Police: Man dead after possible drug overdose

Posted:

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - On Monday, Saratoga Springs Police responded to a medical assist call at a local hotel.

Police arrived to the Hilton Garden Inn on South Broadway around 2 a.m. on Monday. They say they found an unresponsive 53-year-old man in the bathroom of one of the hotel rooms. 

The man was taken to Saratoga Hospital, however, he passed away a short time later.

According to authorities, the man had been at the hotel visiting a registered guest.

A preliminary investigation reveals that the man died from a heroin overdose, according to police.

Official autopsy results are not yet available.

Powered by WorldNow
     
NEWS10 ABC
341 Northern Boulevard
Albany, NY 12204
+(518) 436-4822
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WTEN. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.