HINSDALE, Mass. – A husband and wife were taken to the Worcester Burn Center after being injured in a fire at their home, authorities said Sunday.
Hinsdale Fire Chief Larry Turner said the fire began around 4 p.m. Sunday at 15 Main St.
Turner said the couple and the wife's sister were inside at the time. Both the wife and her sister use oxygen tanks.
The tanks are not considered to be the cause of the fire, but Turner believed they may have helped fuel the blaze.
All three made it outside, and Turner said the husband carried his wife downstairs.
The three were taken to Berkshire Medical Center. The husband and wife were later transported to Worcester Burn Center where their condition is unknown.
The sister was evaluated and released.
A couple and their young son in another apartment located in the same building were able to get out safely.
Turner said the fire was under control in 30 minutes. The home was not destroyed and can be repaired.
The cause is considered to be accidental.
The Red Cross is helping the families.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.