RENSSELAER, N.Y. -- Rensselaer Police conducted a DWI crack down which led to the arrest of one local man they say was driving under the infulence with children in the vehicle.
James E. Davis, 44, of Castleton, was arrested at 3:30 a.m. after police say he refused to take a breathalyzer test to determine his alcohol level. At the time, he was driving with his two children in the vehicle.
Davis was placed into custody under Leandra's Law, a felony.
He faces the following charges:
- 2 Counts of Aggravated DWI with a Child in the Vehicle, a felony
- Driving While Intoxicated, a misdemeanor
- Obstructing Governmental Administration, a misdemeanor
- Failed to Keep Right, a violation
- Moved From Lane Unsafely, a violation
- Speed in zone, a violation
He was charged in Rensselaer City Court and was released on $500 bail. Davis is due back in court on January 3, 2014.