1. Text mistakenly sent to cop leads to arrest in NJ: Authorities say a New Jersey man mistakenly sent a text message to a police detective to set up a drug sale and now faces charges.
2. Ohio capital city fights rat problems with fliers: Without money to bring back its rat-control program, the health department for Ohio's capital city plans to map complaints and spread fliers educating residents about dealing with the rodents.
3. Pamela Anderson running the New York City Marathon to raise money for Haiti
4. Financial risks that don't pay off: The cost of reckless financial behavior
5. Medicare, Medicaid to keep running despite government shutdown: Despite the federal government shutdown that began Tuesday morning, U.S. officials said Medicare and Medicaid recipients and veterans will continue to receive health-care benefits.