1. Italy: OK to right shipwrecked Costa Concordia: Authorities have given the final go-ahead for a daring attempt Monday to pull upright the crippled Costa Concordia cruise liner from its side in the waters off Tuscany, a make-or-break engineering feat that has never before been tried in such conditions.
2. 2 bystanders wounded in Manhattan Police Shooting: Two police officers fired on a man who was acting erratically and dodging cars on a busy Manhattan street Saturday night, wounding two bystanders and sending people running for cover, authorities said.
3. Hawaii can't fit woman's name on her license: A Hawaii woman's last name is a real mouthful, containing 36 characters and 19 syllables in all. And it's so long that she couldn't get a driver's license with her correct name.
4. Would you board flight 666 to HEL?: Would you board flight 666 to HEL on Friday the 13th? For superstitious travelers, that might be tempting fate. But Finnair passengers on AY666 to Helsinki - which has the 3 letter designation HEL - don't seem too bothered. Friday's flight is almost full.
5. Miss America to be crowned on Sunday night: The finale of the Miss America pageant returned to Atlantic City on Sunday night, with plenty of drama to augment the glamour. Who were you rooting for?