Mechanicville fire injures girl, destroys apartment building
Photo: Penrose fire (NEWS10)
MECHANICVILLE, N.Y. – Authorities have discovered the cause of an early morning fire that destroyed a Mechanicville apartment building and injured a child.
Mechanicville Fire Chief Jeff Alonzo says fire crews received a call about a fire at 14 Penrose Ave. Saturday morning at about 3:30 a.m.
He says a little girl who was on the second floor of the building in a back room suffered a second-degree burn, but she was treated on scene and released to her parents. No other injuries were reported.
Fire officials say a clothes dryer on the second floor sparked the flames.
The home is a total loss, and the local chapter of the American Red Cross is helping three adults and six children by providing food, clothing, and bedding to the families.
Local News <a href="http://www.wten.com/category/173731/-local-news">More>></a>Local NewsMore>>