MECHANICVILLE, N.Y. – Authorities have discovered the cause of an early morning fire that destroyed a Mechanicville apartment building and injured a child.
Mechanicville Fire Chief Jeff Alonzo says fire crews received a call about a fire at 14 Penrose Ave. Saturday morning at about 3:30 a.m.
He says a little girl who was on the second floor of the building in a back room suffered a second-degree burn, but she was treated on scene and released to her parents. No other injuries were reported.
Fire officials say a clothes dryer on the second floor sparked the flames.
The home is a total loss, and the local chapter of the American Red Cross is helping three adults and six children by providing food, clothing, and bedding to the families.
341 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Albany, Inc. A Media General Company.